Powered By Blogger

14 June 2012

my wavy quilt

I was so inspired when I saw this tutorial for a "wedding quilt" - I immediately decided that I will try this out and give it shot.
So I went about thinking of the colors that I want to use and then started cutting. and cutting and cutting some more....
http://www.purlbee.com/wedding-quilt/
So this is a little taste of how it will look like. I haven't added the strips together as yet so it looks a little uneven, but that's ok. Once it's lying flat and iron properly, it should start to look really beautiful.

For my quitl I decided to opt for purply colors like Grape, Mauve, violet, lavender, egg plant, etc. And instead of using white pieces in between the rows, I opted for beige, mushroom, sandy colors instead. I am hoping to even out the contrasts and it looking a little more cohesive. It might not look as striking as the quilt from the tutorial, but hey, this is one will be timeless and snug.

I will post more photo's as I get along with it. I hope to get a little further with it on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment