Powered By Blogger

28 February 2019

Additions to my sewing workspace


And so in 2012 I decided to take the plunge. It was time to finally get the long overdue and much needed overlocker.
Having decided on the perfect model - it's a Bernina 610D, it's now just a question of finalising the purchase and swipe, swipe, swipe!
Bernina 610D Overlocker

This will be the perfect addition to my Bernina sewing machine, which I got the previous year. It is still going strong and such a joy to operate!

Bernina Bernette
Since getting these 2 Bernina machines, I had endless hours of joy. Just look at these gorgeous things!
Sewing machine pair
I've also acquired a sewing cabinet so now I can easily close it up when all the sewing has been done and don't have the unsightly view of threads and bits lying around.

To complete my sewing ensemble, I’m bought a little second-hand machine in 2017. It is an Elna 2002 and she will act as my backup machine and travel buddy.
Elna 2002
Every couple of months or so, I get together with my sewing group friends for a few hours to catch up, debate, give advice and sew of course! Ha ha!
Each have our projects with us and so we can look see and maybe learn a thing or two. This little baby is perfect to travel with as she is so much more compact than the Bernina. She is a little “basic”, but a sturdy little machine that doesn’t fuss or bother.

Rani dress-form







Ooooh and my latest (for 2019) is an adjustable dress-form! Her name is Rani and she is standing tall and proud next to the sewing cabinet and did I mention that she is green?  
Her torso did look a little funny to me, but then I found the part that allows for the waist to elongate and she looks so much better for it.

What makes her unique compared to other similar models is that you can try on pants thanks to the little gap in the front for a pants crotch.

Rani dress-form

 And so my workspace is complete. For now…. 

I would like an improvement on the space I currently have for all my creative endeavours…maybe a studio in the future? I will add that to Santa’s list.

No comments:

Post a Comment