Powered By Blogger

28 February 2019

Blouse embroidery and upcycle

I found this very plain white blouse on a sale rack, and had the idea that I could make it into something special with the stock of pearl beads and embroidered flowers that I have left from past projects in my stash.







Here is a snapshot where I'm getting my ideas together and playing with the placement of the flowers and pearl beads.





And here is another snapshot of the end result.


Ok, so I did sit with needle and thread carefully hand stitching  the flowers and pearl beads, often times late into the night. But now I have a unique and feminine blouse that I can throw on should the occasion arise for formal business attire. 

I'm very happy with how it turned out.




I've done some other garment upcycling and will post them as well in due course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment