Powered By Blogger

08 July 2019

Catching up on my latest quilt projects

So, as update on a the earlier post about my latest beachy quilt, I now can show you the final pictures. The quilt finally got done - I finished the edges with a wide light blue bias strip around the edges and rounded corners and used a binding sewing foot to keep all the layers of fabric and laying flat while stitching.

Perhaps it's not the right colors for the cold winter months we are experiencing in Johannesburg right now, but I absolutely love the blue and beige colors as it reminds me of the beautiful blue sky on a typical winter's day and of the different blue colors of the ocean. The colors and the style is so soothing.. I think I'm totally sold on the hexagon shape and could definitely make another hexagon quilt in the future. Mmmm, maybe it's time to check my scrappy stash again..... 























So now the next scrappy quilt project I'm planning is for my daughter in various left-over blue and pink fabrics. I just love the idea of little Russian dolls (in various sizes) in the centre of each block and I am about half way with the final number of blocks, so here is a little pic to give you an idea of the overall look. 

And in order to create the pattern with the pink and blue fabric strips, the colors are strategically placed. The right and bottom strips are shades of blue and the left and top fabrics strips are in different shades of pink. 

After these are done, I will add another layer of pink and blue strips around to get to the final block size. 
Below is an example of 4 log cabin blocks, that placed together, make this visual pattern. 



No comments:

Post a Comment